Re(Connecting): Learning with Social Media
This week’s key resources are linked and embedded below in their recommended order (and a summary of the weekly challenges are included at the bottom of the page)…
- Video: The Teacher Awakens: A Star Wars Parody
- Video: Searching for a Welcome Video
- Unit Guide (please download from CloudDeakin)
- Study Notes Zero
- Study Notes 1
- Video: Learning with Social Media
- Podcast: Social Media Stories, Episode 11
- Blog: Learn by Doing (highly recommended if you haven’t studied ALM101)
- Blog: I am Not a Jedi (optional if you have studied ALM101)
- Bonus Learning Area: Goodbye Comfort Zone Flipgrid
- #ALM102 unit hashtag
You are strongly encouraged to keep up-to-date with unit content on a weekly basis, though the comprehensive Master List of Unit Resources will help if you ever get behind.
If you would like to download this week’s Social Media Stories podcast for more convenient listening, you can find it on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or a range of Android apps.
Getting Practical Challenge
Create/update an About.Me profile and share it with the unit hashtag.
Introduce yourself in a brief 15-30 second video and share it with the unit hashtag.
Don’t forget to check out the #ALM102 hashtag!!
And if you want to play along throughout the trimester, see below…
I’ll be offering a bonus mentoring session and media-making lesson for those who complete every box by unit’s end!! 🙂